Re: '78 1500 Running Rough

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: '78 1500 Running Rough
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 14:18:42 -0400
        Tom!

        I have not gotten through the whole of the digest yet but I had a
particular problem hit me twice.
        The fuel inlet for my rear carb dropped down, like it would when
choked, and locked making Bugsy, my '60 Sprite, run horrible at low
speed.  At high
speed it seemed ok.  I went around checking plugs, points.  Nothing
cured it.  I went to the carbs next; I popped off the air filters and
lifted the needle assembly for the front carb and he ran worse; then I
lifted up the needle assembly for the rear carb and the car ran better.
        This was the second time it did it to me so all I did was push the fuel
pipe and it clicked back into place and all was well.  I did not have it
choked since I started the car cold, earlier in the day.  That was by
hand anyway because my cable busted.

--
            David E. Wood       v               / |\    |\\