Educational process (was Re: nib / nos)

To: type79@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Educational process (was Re: nib / nos)
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 11:35:34 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I have looked as my bugeye project as an educational process. When I started it
about five years ago, I was totally unfamiliar with the car, and had to depend
on the vendors to sell me the correct part, but over the last few years, I've
gotten much wiser, and no longer rely on what the vendors say.
I have bought many parts (too numerous to count) which were nothing like the
orginals, or just plain didn't fit/work, even though I had specifically asked
the vendor 'will this work on my bugeye' and they replied 'yes'. Of course by
the time I found out the part didn't work, it was usually too late to return :-(
I am now much more cautious, and make a major effort to get as much info as
possible first.
Thank God my car is on the road now, and I really don't need to buy as many
parts :-)

 - Bryan