Re: Midget 1500 Clutch Slave fittings

Subject: Re: Midget 1500 Clutch Slave fittings
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 17:48:58 -0400
Hate to tell you this, but not even close. The 1500 Midget has a red
plastic tube that goes from the master to the slave. There is a hole in
the battery tray for it to pass through. The fittings on the plastic tube
are flared. I have no idea who made up the lines on your car, but it is
not original. But in the long run might be better. I would guess that the
PO had a plastic tube let go on them and replaced with a PO fitted solid
pipe. The elbow at the slave is right tho. not sure how that individual
connected it - or if thay used a steel tube and bent it.

Knowing full well this didn't help a lot.

Larry

>I found out why the clutch on my new 77 Midget
>won't bleed:  There is a leak at the connection
>just before the cylinder.  It seems that there is
>a solid pipe from the master to the tunnel.  Then
>there's a fitting and an elbow piece that screws
>into the slave.  It's the fittings on the elbow
>piece that are leaking.
>
>This appears to be a Swage-lok fitting.  Is this
>correct for the Midget 1500?  I'm used to seeing
>flared fittings on MGs I guess.  I need to replace
>it, but I need to know if Swage-lok is correct.
>It appears to be home-made (poorly-cut pipe).
>
>If not, I have a source for fittings of this type
>at work and could make a new one.  I'll have to
>find out if these are suitable for brake fluid
>(they're used for refrigerant).
>
>Thanks.
>
>--
>Tyson Sherman