Mixture fun with SUs

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Mixture fun with SUs
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 16:36:47 GMT
Hey List People,

It is me again! I wanted to share with you the fun I had yesterday.  I have
never adjusted SUs before and it took me about 1 hour to feel that i had it
close to being right.

I went by Vizards book "the push button method".

The only problem that i had was that when adjusting the carbs all the way in
and then backing them out 2 1/2 rotations, one carb would be richer then the
other.

I adjust the idle speeds on both carbs (in sync) so that as i was adjusting
the mixture the car would not stall out.

after going back and forth for about an hour I was happy with everything and
then adjusted the idle and locked the carbs together.

I was just concerned that one carb's mixture setting was different than the
others when you crank them in and then go out 2 1/2 rotations...

I am going to see how she runs today.

Thanks for all your help,

=)Chris
58 bugeye