CT DMV / Envirotest Bozo's

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: CT DMV / Envirotest Bozo's
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 13:25:46 EDT
All CT listers-
Went to get the safety inspection done on the bugeye this AM.  First mistake
was to take it to an emissions station for inspection, as they are clueless
when it comes to older cars (they recently began inspecting pre 1968
vehicles).  Jay F. had warned me about CT DMV being anal about the screwed on
VIN plate so I was prepared for this.  After comparing the chassis ID plate
to the body number plates on the doors they were convinced this was a
"composite" vehicle (made up from multiple cars).  The girl stated that since
she had gone through training on this matter she knew everything. Tried to
show her in OS&M that they never match, but she refused.

To top it all off they then tried to fail me for no outside door handles!!!!
Luckily I convinced the manager to call Wethersfield and they straightened
her out (grey market vehicle my a**). In the end I passed but it was a very
frustrating 2 hours.  I recommend that anyone who needs to have inspection
done to go to a DMV location.  Good luck.

Pete G.
Southington, CT