Re: Installing engine and tranny separately - can it be done?

Subject: Re: Installing engine and tranny separately - can it be done?
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 20:34:38 -0700
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Duh!
Quite a while ago I had asked how to install the engine and transmission
and not scratch my new underhood paint job.
The first time I had installed the 5-speed and engine it was so tight
that only a lot of wiggling, swearing and a long crowbar got it in even
though the heater panel is dented up.

>From the answers to that question, I gathered that it would be better to
do them separately.  Now I am starting to wonder if the proponents of
that method were all bugeye owners!!

I just found three emails in my inbox asking me why the h*** I'm doing
it this way.
Problem is, the tranny is already in the car, speedo cable connected,
engine on hoist, ready to go in tomorrow.
Do I even have a chance of getting it in this way?

Thanks,
Ulix '67 Sprite