Speaking of sweet sounds...

To: "Spridgets (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Speaking of sweet sounds...
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 20:01:54 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
The roads were wet, but I didn't care.  I finally think I have all the kinks
worked out.  The cooling system is stable.  After getting a little worried
thinking another head gasket might have blown, I checked the oil which
looked fine (nothing like Toby's!).  Did a little tweaking, then replaced
the cap, button, and plugs, and she roared to life.  Perfectly smooth.  The
air blowing through that Weber sure sounds good.  So, after securing myself
in with the seat belt, I went for my first proper drive.  It was short, but
she ran fantastically.  Is that a word?  Who cares.  I was able to fly up
hills in fourth gear, with power to spare.  Only barked the tires a few
times.  Man now I remember what it's all about.  :-)

The only annoying thing -- remember I said the roads were wet? -- is that
there's a small hole in the passenger floor board.  Running through puddles
resulted in lots of splashing from an unusual direction.  But I didn't care.

Now...has anybody figured out a way to keep the header from banging so much
against the frame?

Woo hoo!

adrian

J. Adrian Barnes