Re: New England AHCA Website?

Subject: Re: New England AHCA Website?
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 12:17:27 -0400
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Listers,
Wonders will never cease.

Only a year or so ago AHCA raised dues to cover expenses. When the
subject of an AHCA dues increase was discussed in this forum, the
defenders cited numerous increases in expenses including the costs
associated with Healey Marque, yada yada yada. (See the archives.)

Now apparently they have so much $$$$$$ that among other things, they
are discussing building and GIVING AWAY a concours Healey.

So much for scraping to cover expenses.

I quote from the website:
" Items from the national delegates meeting were discussed. Some of the
items talked about were buying books for auto-related libraries and
building a concours 100 to give to Gerry Coker."

http://ahcaneregion.homestead.com/01coord.html

I said at the time that the increase was unnecessary and this is just
further proof.

There are great local regions of AHCA and I always advocate that every
car owner should belong to at least one marque club, but it's
expenditures like this (and others that are not openly discussed) that
inflate the dues to unnecessary levels.

I'm sure my mailbox will receive the usual responses from the usual
suspects, but so be it.

Shaking my head in disbelief,
Jay Fishbein
Wallingford, CT