Re: Chico Show next weekend

To: "David Ramsey" <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Chico Show next weekend
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 09:54:23 -0700
For all who may live in the area within about 5 hours of Chico which could
include: Monterey, Bay Area, Fresno, Sacramento, Tahoe, Reno, Southern
Oregon, etc.  The Chico All British Meet is a worth while drive.  The local
club has been putting on and improving this event for 14 years.

Saturday is a gimmick rally that starts at the Chico Elks Lodge at 2:PM.
The rally is for fun and no technical skills are required.  Includes find
the clues and a poker run with cash prizes for best and worst hands.  The
rally ends at one of the local club member's houses for a fantastic tri-tip
bbq.  The rally is free, and the bbq is $5.  No pre-registration required.

Sunday morning the 25th is the British Meet.  Gates open at 9AM, again, no
pre-registration is required, and entry is only $10.  The field is set up at
random, with all makes of cars mixed.  You can park with your friends
regardless of the mark of their car.  The field is on grass, so temperatures
stay nice, and there are lots of trees for shade.  Voting is by class and is
popular choice.  Swap meet space is $15, and if you come early, you can get
a swap meet space right behind your show space.  Additional activities for
the day include valve cover races, a bake sale, British food, a silent
auction, and British dart competition.  It is NOT A CONCOURS!  All condition
of cars are welcome, from drivers, to customs, to, well, concours quality.
Plenty of room for all.

If you are coming up from any distance and need some place to spiff up your
car Sunday morning, I will make my driveway available to anyone who needs
it.  In return you help me load my pickup and parts to take to the swap
meet.  I have soap, buckets, towels and lots of parking.  Also tools and
garage space if something needs a last minute fix.

Following the meet, a caravan drive of about 1 1/2 hours to Steve's house in
Sacramento for a 5-speed tech session and another BBQ.

Overall, usually about 200 cars present, lots of spectators, about 15 or so
Spridgets, often including the famous 4X4 Midget you have heard so much
about. (not my car)

David Riker
74 Midget
78 Midget