Merlin in a car.

To: <conan@ralvm8.vnet.ibm.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Merlin in a car.
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 19:30:18 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi Ed
As a matter of interest the current cost of a rebuild on a Merlin V12 is
$160000 plus shipping, but you do get a certificate of airworthiness for
free. At that price you obviously have to provide the core as well. Any
missing parts provided, would be in addition to the above price.

Some years ago a guy by the name of John Dodd fitted one in the front of an
English Ford Capri. At the same time he grafted on the front end of a Rolls.
Rolls wanted to take him to court to get the grille removed, and FoMoCo
wanted to use it in advertising, but before all this could happen the car
caught fire and was totaled (on the M1 north of London If I remember right)
His main problem apparently was trying to get a clutch that could handle the
power and torque of that engine. He had fitted a manual shift gearbox which
it also wrecked on a regular basis.
Regards
John J Black
Waterloo Drivetrain Systems