Re: Speed timing, and gas mileage

To: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>
Subject: Re: Speed timing, and gas mileage
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 20:45:25 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Bryan Vandiver wrote:

> I have some questions about 'Speed timing' my 1275 engine in my bugeye.

Street 1275s seem to like 28-30* advance at 4000rpm.
My Sprite is exactly like yours, same cam, .20 over, 5 speed.
Mine was just fine with points. I recently recieved my replacement
Ignitor so I thought I would try it.
This thing messes up the ignition! I don't care what anybody says.
Yeah, it starts right up from cold, idles smooth, but I lost my upper
end.
I'm going back to points. I never had the sputter or lack of umph with
the points. I have it now and all I did was install the Ignitor.

My gas milage with a 45 DCOE is 20 mpg on the hiway, less around town.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ