re:Summer-druids

To: Glen Byrns <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: re:Summer-druids
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 13:49:00 -0700 (PDT)
Not Quite. Close but no oak leaf for you. :o)

There were many gods in Celtic mythology. Odin was
hung from the Oak tree. He was the god of trickery.
Wyrd (Have you ever used the phrase "That's Wierd" to
describe something really stange or baffling?) well
Wyrd is the god of unknown. When something
unexplainable happened, people would say "That's
Wyrd".
Actually, each god is attributed to each letter of the
Runic alphabet 23 to 27 to be precise. There were
changes over the years (4 were added). Of course
things were centered around the earth and the Oak to
be specific.

The Druids were the shamen of the Celtic people (The
preists/teachers) all that fun stuff. :o)

Dan Dwelley (Welsh and proud of it) :o))

--- Glen Byrns <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu> wrote:
> As I recall, the Druids worshipped a God who lived
> at the base of an oak
> tree and made the sacrafice of virgins a part of
> their ceremonies.
> Doubtlessly this explains the poor state of Druidism
> today.  At least you
> can still find oak trees.
>
> Regards,
> Glen Byrns