Sports Cars

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Sports Cars
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 03:24:37 EDT
List,

Just watched "Sports Cars" on the History Channel Modern Marvels seires.  If
you watch closely and do not blink you can see our car.  In the segment on
the  Aston Martin the pictures are taken in the San Diego Automotive Museum.
If you watch the background when they move to the right of the Aston you will
see our car along the back wall.  A lot of the "new" road footage is shot
around San Diego with local cars.

It is unfortunate that there are several glaring errors in the presentation,
a problem that we have noticed with the History Channel.  In this show while
talking about the M-B 190SL they show a M-B 300SL convertible.  They also
stated that Jimmy Dean had raced his Porsche Spyder several times prior to
his fatal accident.  Actually he had just taken delivery of the car.  They
did have a printed correction on the Jimmy Dean statement at the end of the
segment.  These are simple things to check and makes one wonder about the
accuracy of their other programs.  We are just nit pickers I guess.

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV indiguise)
1967 Sprite Mk III (in progress)