Re: What is the best diff ratio?

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What is the best diff ratio?
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 17:08:40 -0500
For best acceleration/responsiveness, use the 4:55 or 4:87.

My race bugeye with its 948 loves the high revs so I use the 4:87
limited slip on tracks such as
BlackHawk, Gingerman and Grattan.  For Road America and Watkins Glen,
both long tracks,  I use the 4:22.  At Indianapolis raceway park, the
4:55.

For highway cruising go for the 3.90.
A nice compromise for all around use is the 4:22.

Gar
Team Thicko
Plover WI