Re: for sale

To: IfixMGs@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: for sale
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 18:03:27 -0700 (PDT)
Take a large screw driver or pry bar and put it behind
the crank pulley and lever forward. If the crank
pulley moves...the thrust washers have dropped and
there is a VERY good chance that the crank and block
are damaged...run away! Other than that, it could just
be that the lower end needs new bearings and seals.
Definately NOT a 1200 dollar car. How many miles on
the car. The 1500 is a weak engine if stock. If
modified, the engine can be a very reliable
engine...no matter what the 1275 fanatics on this list
may say! :o))
The other place to look for rust is in the footwells
behind the outboard panels.

Dan Dwelley
77 Midget
Alexandria, Va.
--- IfixMGs@aol.com wrote:
> I havent seen it yet....
>       A local VA Beach man called me yesterday. He
> bought a 1500 Midget, had
> the front end rebuilt, new brakes, tires, top, etc.
> Says it's in excellent
> cosmetic and mechanical condition, inside and out,
> incl boot and underbonnet.
> BUT: engine oil pressure drops to near-nil when hot.
> I've stayed away from
> S*itfires and haven't seen this before, other than
> from high mileage. No
> knocks. What;s up? Any clues? Any buyers? He's got
> more than $2500 in it and
> wants $1200.
> Mark Childers

=====