Sunday in Chico, evening at BBQ

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Sunday in Chico, evening at BBQ
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 21:52:28 -0700 (PDT)
Whew...!  I drove to the Chico meet with my 11 year old daughter.  Great
drive, met up with some LBCs from Grass Valley in Marysville and caravaned
the rest of the way with a big Healey, a Morgan, a Jensen Healey, a Morris
woody wagon and a trailered three wheeled Morgan.  The UBSCC crowd missed
the rendezvous in Marysville, but arrived right behind us in Chico

The 5-speed was flawless.  70mph all the way, 26 mpg, and the temp didn't
get above 195 even though it was nearly 100 on the drive home.  I dropped
the daughter at home, changed shirts and headed to Sacramento for the
5-speed tech session by Paul Asgeirsson at Steve McGee's place (Swift Justice).

Steve served up great hospitality, BBQ burgers, watermellon, and a movie
with 3 Mini Coopers racing around like crazy.  Paul gave a presentation on
the kit he offers for the Datsun 210 tranny.  It was kind of like a
Tupperware party with steel and aluminum.

I'm terrible with names and have only just met many of the spridgeteers in
attendance so I'll leave it to someone else to name the attendees.  Good
time had by all.

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 Bugeye