RE: Electric fan conversion

To: "'ulix'" <ulix@u.washington.edu>, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Electric fan conversion
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 14:13:17 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I installed the 10" Imperial fan from Autozone which cost about $69.  I have
a thermostat ($14.99), but haven't installed it yet.  Instead, I am using a
switch wired in the cockpit to turn it off/on whenever I want (switch came
with the fan).  I have the annoying guage with N representing Normal.
Leaving the fan on all the time results in the temperature staying
consistently on the cool side of 'N.'  I almost reached 'N' yesterday
driving on the interstate in some intense hot humid weather, but it still
did okay.  It puts out a nice whirring sound that can't be heard while
driving.  It's installed on the front of the radiator blowing inward.  I
haven't experimented with turning it off to see what happens.  I do not have
a regular mechanical fan installed.

adrian