Exhaust Wrap

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Exhaust Wrap
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 07:57:43 -0700
All this talk about fans and Heat has made me wonder if anyone
(especially the racers) has tried any of the various types of exhaust
insulating materials that are availabe on the market?  I have seen this
type of material on lots of vintage race cars, and I beleive is period
correct for Brooklands era cars.  I have a catalogue from Autostorica in
England that claims 70% reduction in under bonnet temperatures, and
increased HP !  Its not cheap but I wonder if it does the job?  Anyone
know?

Cheers!

David