Repro Parts WAS Bad Parts

Subject: Repro Parts WAS Bad Parts
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 07:33:17 -0700
Cc: "'british-cars@autox.team.net'" <british-cars@autox.team.net>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Listers,

Someone who chooses to sit out this public thread, contacted me off-list with an
interesting comment on this subject.

The lister questioned the profit margin on parts sourced from Asian suppliers
and
theorized that it is far greater than the profit margin from European
suppliers. If
this is true, he commented, why don't the retailers selling these parts pass on
the
savings, or to put it another way, apply the same markup to these parts rather
than,
for example, selling the $5.00 part for $20.00?

Am I on a soap box? Yes. I have been fooling with lbc's for more than 20 years
and
hop-scotching through the repro parts jungle for that entire time, hearing the
same
reasons/excuses year after year.

Jay Fishbein
Wallingford, CT