Re: Fan off for hot day

To: "Rick & Carolyn" <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Subject: Re: Fan off for hot day
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 15:23:57 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Thanks Rick,

I've already got the appropriate crossflow radiator and had to peen down the
corners as you did to get the bonnet shut properly.  The fan is the correct
one for the direction of rotation.

Rather than a re-core, I'm going to check out a tip I found on an obscure
Sprite page.  The author suggested the aluminum radiator from a Suzuki
Swift.  Its supposed to be small enough to fit the available space and be
easy to shroud into position.  Rather than improve a marginal situation by
5%, I'd like to overkill the solution and cover part of the radiator if
necessary when the weather cools off.  Also, the local wrecking yard has one
for $75.  A high efficiency, lighter, aluminum radiator for $75 sounds too
good to be true.  Having already 'crossed the Rubicon' as far as originality
goes, this sounds like its worth a try.

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye