Re: first lbc!!!

To: AH64SP@aol.com
Subject: Re: first lbc!!!
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2000 06:18:52 -0500
Cc: cfchrist@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
My first (car) was a 68 Chevelle SS 396 425 hp convertible, man I miss that car.
It gave me my love for driving topless (my 68 GTO is still in the garage- I
would
have traded it for a BN 1 3 weeks ago if the guy would have called to
negotiate).
I also learned to never loan your car to your friends. Loaned it out one weekend
and when I got home it was sitting in the driveway. I tried to start it to go to
town and the motor wouldn't turn over. Got out the tools and pulled the
heads......................... #8 cylinder was 3/4 of the way removed from the
block. Rumor came back around later he had be racing it. Funny, I never saw that
particular friend again. For those listers that are young enough not to know any
better yet, take heed. A person will often find another friend, leaving you to
find a way to repair your car without them.