Crankshaft bearings?

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Crankshaft bearings?
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2000 20:26:08 -0400
Here's the problem. Car has good oil pressure at startup, then after
about 5-10 miles the pressure starts to drop and temperature starts to
rise.Car had a complete head job in March according to previous owner -
invoice shows valves, guides, seals, and machine work. I dropped the oil
pan with the intention of replacing the main bearings. Although outside
appearance means nothing, the whole bottom end looks new. Spotless, the
pickup filter even shines. Before I drop the caps on the bearings, is
there any thing else I might check first that could be the problem?