Re: Radio Antenna

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, LBCarNut@carolina.rr.com
Subject: Re: Radio Antenna
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 11:42:10 -0700 (PDT)
Peter,

My bugeye, never had a hole cut for an antenna, and I just couldn't bring
myself
to cut a hole in my freshly painted body either.
I went to radio shack and bought one of those 'tape on' wire antennas, that is
supposed to mount to the glass on your windscreen. I folded the tape over on
itself for the entire lenght of the wire, and trimmed off the excess, leaving
about a 1/8" wide piece of tape protecting the wire. I unbolted my
windshield,and drilled a small hole through the cowl, right near the passenger
piller pad, that is covered when the windshield assembly is in place. I then
ran
the wire up through the hole, and loosely remounted the windscreen. I then
carefully slipped the antenna wire under the edge of the windshield gasket
around  the perimeter of the windshield. I think I ended up cutting about 18"
off the end of the wire.
The install is almost completely undetectable, except for the tiny strip
exiting
the lower corner of the windshield, and seems to work Ok for reception.

Regards - Bryan