Head mystery solved, valve adjust nut question.

To: "Spridgets@Autox. Team. Net (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Head mystery solved, valve adjust nut question.
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 13:39:02 -0700 charset="iso-8859-1"
You may remember my head problems (no, not MY head...) Seems like my engine
has a 1100 or 996 (+/- a few cc I forget) head on a 1275 block. The three
additional water coolant passages are now blocked off. Two of them were
already plugged with brass plugs now the one between #2-#3 is pluged up and
the head reskimmed. Looks awesome. Let's just hope it works.

It's now back on the car, and while I was adjusting the valves, I stripped a
locking nut. The nuts threads self distructed and the actual adjuster\stud
is fine. My local nuts & bolts shop was dumbfounded at the size and pitch of
the nuts. They couldn't find replacments that would work right. I ended up
getting 8 of em at M0$$ and those work. But tell me... what size are these
things? Are they some kind of specific sprite size or something? Oh, and
anybody know the torque values to tighten em? I don't want to strip them
again. Last night just me tighting them with a box wrench striped one.

Hopefully if all goes well... the engine will be back together this evening
after work. And then it's "TEST DRIVE TIME" the best part of any mechanical
project.

Wish me luck...

Toby

69 Sprite