Re: 59 Bug Eye for Sale

To: Patricia.Sauthoff@blvdmedia.com
Subject: Re: 59 Bug Eye for Sale
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2000 00:50:34 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 07/07/2000 12:05:44 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
Patricia.Sauthoff@blvdmedia.com writes:

> you would be an angel to check this car out for a colorado girl.  i don't
>  need one that's a show winner but one that will run well would be great!
>  also my welding skills just aren't there yet so little to no rust, sills,
>  floor pans etc

Patricia...and Craig if you are still interested...This definitely looked
good to me...not a show winner but a hundred times better thanmy '74 driver.
Interior was nice, new wood steering wheel, new rubber floor mats and carpet,
taneau cover, spare and jack were there, 1098 that ran great, not much
clutch..only an inch maybe at best, but the trans shifted well and on a short
drive the car was very tight.  A couple of scatches and a small dent in the
bonnet...looks like someone left a tool on the heater box when they shut the
bonnet.  One small rust spot on the front inner fender..looks like it wasnt
prepped well there before painting and the  paint has cracked.

NOW I AM BY NO MEANS A BUGEYE EXPERT!

But the car did appear solid to me and if you like red, most of the
restoration work has been done, just maintenance and tinker work to keep you
busy.

I suddenly realize I did not see a top, bows, or side curtains...spent too
much time gawking at the cute car and forgot to ask.  If you are interested
make sure these are there, or reduce the price by enough to buy a hardtop
from Elizabeth Jones.

Nice new Minilite type wheels.

If I had a spare $5K (or $4k that I'd offer first) and didn't have a Midget,
a TR4, and an RX7 in the driveway awaiting restoration...I'd buy it in a
flash.

Patricia, are you in the Denver area?  He said the car was originally from
there, was restored in Colorado Springs, and he knows a guy that will ship it
to Denver for $400.00...of course I'd want him th throw in delivery.

If this has peaked your interest enough, it migh be worth a call and a
weekend road trip to see the car.  His name is Curt at 505-373-0599.