Re: Over 50 Percs -- (No LBC Stuff)

To: Wiedemeyer <boxweed@thebest.net>
Subject: Re: Over 50 Percs -- (No LBC Stuff)
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2000 23:43:08 -0400
Cc: Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>, spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Wiedemeyer wrote:

> Speaking about the benefits of AARP (which aren't many), be sure to call
> your bank when you turn 50 and tell them you want the senior citizen percs
> on your account.  This includes 1) No minimum balance to get interest on the
> money in your checking account, 2) No monthly service charge on your
> account, 3) Free checks.  It doesn't sound like much, but boy, it sure seems
> to add up when I look at my statement at the end of each month!!  As far as
> I know, all the banks have this deal, but they won't give it to you unless
> you ask for it.

I get the same benefits from my local credit union.  No fees, interest on
checking,
no minimum balances, and free checks.  Good rates on credit cards and auto
loans.  They are owned by the members (sort of) and they don't exists to keep
the shareholders happy and fat.  The only down side is they have a limited
number of branches.  But I have not been in a bank in 6 years, and that was
only to sign auto loan papers.

Bill Gilroy