Re: Alloy wheels that work

To: "jack otrades" <bugeye15@hotmail.com>, <conan@ralvm8.vnet.ibm.com>, <bryan.vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>
Subject: Re: Alloy wheels that work
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 09:34:56 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Brian,

Those wheels are worth some good $, so don't let anyone (like me) talk you
out of then cheap. The biggest problems I see in any of the early magnesium
wheels is fatigue cracks and porosity(sp?). They should be checked for
cracks. And they sometimes have trouble keeping air in the tires because of
porous castings.

Are you preparing the car for the street or the track?

WST