Running really rough when cold

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Running really rough when cold
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 13:09:12 -0700
My Sprite Mk 2A has been really hard to start in the mornings, and
has been running REALLY rough for about the first 10 minutes of the
day (and definately off song the rest of the time). It chugs, has NO
power except at fairly high revs (ie I have to slip the clutch to get
it off from standstill) it coughs and splutters - on one morning only
there were a few, small backfires too!!

I've changed the points, changed the condensor (thought I'd try
that), checked the carby settings (fairly right but I think the jets
are a bit worn), jiggled around with the timing, checked the plug
gaps and kicked the tires - all to no avail.

What's next on the list?

Thanks

Greg in western Australia