PA Rally Information composit

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: PA Rally Information composit
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 11:36:55 -0400
Hey All,

I am still getting questions about the PA Rally.

If you are registered for the Pa Rally you can hit the delete key now.
If you don't need any info on the rally you can hit delete now.

The following is a composit of past Rally Information emails for those
people who asked for Rally information recently.

The Rally is open to anyone with a british car that wants to come.

There will be no fees or charges of any kind.

You may attend the Saturday rally AND/OR the festivities on Sunday.

To participate in a rally, a driver and a navigator are required.  If
you are coming alone, we will find you a navigator.

Rally Location; Tamaqua, Pennsylvania, 35 miles north of Allentown PA on
route 309, (for those of you who want to look at a map).

The Rally will start with a get aquainted lunch at Leiby's Resturaunt on
route 309 (5 miles south of Tamaqua, PA) at 11:00am on Saturday Aug 5th.

Cars will be leaving Leiby's at three minute intervals starting at
1:00pm.  The Rally has been designed to last approximately three hours
and will end at Heisler's Dairy bar.

Saturday evening, starting at 7:00pm, there will be a "Pool and Pizza"
Party at my home.  (Bring your swim suits!!)

Plans for Sunday, for those who will be staying over, include a trip to
one of America's oldest Amusement Parks, Knoebels Grove.  (Complete with
a wooden roller coaster, carosel with brass rings, BUMPER CARS, and a
lot more).
The park is a free admittance family owned park and is very
inexpensive.  Lots of rides and lots of food.  About a 45 minute drive
thru the Pennsylvania countryside.

You may register by return email, or if you have
friends who wish to participate who do not "computer", you may print the
"registration email" and they can send it to me.  My mailing address
will be included with the registration form.  If you need a registration
form please send me an email and I will forward it to you.

THERE WILL BE NO REGISTRATION FEE!

Several list members have asked about participation in the rally with
other than their British cars.  Some of our list members cars are
currently not ready for road use for various reasons.  I would like to
see as many people from the list participate as possible, with or
without their cars.

There are a couple of options;

1. Navigate for someone who is coming with their car but does not have a
navigator.

2. Run the Rally with a non British vehicle.

Lister's Non British cars are welcome to run the rally route.  However,
several rules will apply to these participants that do not apply to the
British entries.  In short, they will be running the rally "just for
the  sport of it" and although they will be timed with the other
entrants they are not eligible to win.  They will also be required to
"give right of way" allowing passage to any and all British Car
Participants.....

All entries must submit an registration form.  Please enter the car you
will be using for the rally on the form.

Here are some answers to several questions;

The Rally is open to anyone with a british car that wants to come.

There will be no fees or charges of any kind.

You may attend the Saturday rally AND/OR the festivities on Sunday.

To participate in a rally, a driver and a navigator are required.  If
you are coming alone, we will find you a navigator.

The rally course is over 100 miles of Pennsylvania country roads, fill
your gas tank the morning of the rally.  There is a gas station at the
rally start point.

Kevin Valentine
800 537 7928 Office