Re: May have to buy a second Midget...

To: RBHouston@aol.com
Subject: Re: May have to buy a second Midget...
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 19:00:23 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
RBHouston@aol.com wrote:

> I was just stopped at a muffler shop arranging to have a new exhaust system
> installed Monday, when the guy mowing the grass came over an offered to sell
> me a "parts car".

> Give me some opinions please...

Start low, offer $100. You can always go up, never down.
Look at it this way, he found you, he has no clue as to the market for a
non running MG. Sure he may know it's worth something to some one some
where but does he really want to place an ad in the paper to try and
sell a "parts" car?
I don't think so.
Him and haw around the car, tell him it needs a top, engine problems,
step on the pedals, if they go to the floor, say oh boy, no brakes,
yadda yadda.
Try to feel him out, maybe he just wants it out of there. Then again, he
may think he has a 20,000 classic.
Start low, if you really want it, offer $200, if he wants to sell it, he
will.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ