Re: Non LBC tech ???????

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>
Subject: Re: Non LBC tech ???????
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 23:07:52 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Brad Fornal wrote:

> I have a friend who has a 90 Corsica that won't run over 20 mph. He had
> it put on a scanner and it said to change the O2 sensor and a couple of
> vacuum lines, so he did. Now it still acts the same but the check engine
> light comes on as an added bonus.??
> Any ideas from the various mechanical gurus out there?? IT   Brad

The check engine light came on in my Ford once, I stopped, opened the
hood (with the engine still running) and looked at the engine. Meaning I
checked it! It was still there and running. I shut the hood and the
light went out.
Now when the engine started knocking, no "check engine" light ever came
on.
So I never *checked* it because no light told me to. I just filled it up
with STP and traded it in.

Not being very mechanical with modern plastic cars, but I have seen a
flap stuck shut on the air intake hose, or an air intake hose not
connected making modern cars not run well.
Somehting to look for anyway.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ