Need a 'different' shifter boot

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Need a 'different' shifter boot
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 15:58:49 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Any of you folks out there know of a rubber shifter boot that is bigger than
the stock bugeye boot?

I want to keep the stock metal can, cut a bigger hole in it to hold a bigger
boot that will work better with the 5-speed conversion, but don't want to go
to the vinyl one.  American car, Japanese, round, square, bellows style,
whatever.  As long as the required hole is bigger than the stock bugeye hole
and smaller than the top of the metal cover.

The 6 month old rubber one I got from you-know-who is degrading before my
eyes and onto my fingers.  Seems to be made of recycled condoms and road
tar.

Thanks as always to the list.

Regards,
Glen Byrns