Re: Removing door handles

To: "Greg Gowins" <cartman@dnai.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Removing door handles
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 21:05:11 -0700
Just thank God that you are removing door handles from a pre-74 car.  In 74
and later, there is additional stiffening plates welded inside the door with
an access hole exactly the size of the socket needed to remove the nut, and
it is blind, and I guarantee you will drop the nut several times trying to
"installation is reverse of removal".

Really, though, the trick is to remove the latch mechanism and go at the
handle bolts through that hole in the door jam.

Could be a reason I shaved the door handles off and welded the holes shut.

David Riker
74 Midget
63 Falcon
70 Torino