Re: Brake lights

To: Bill Mantz <bmantz@roanoke.infi.net>
Subject: Re: Brake lights
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 21:26:06 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Bill Mantz wrote:

> I must have screwed something up again.  If I turn on the headlights and
> tail lights, when I press the brake, the fuel pump starts running and
> the brake lights don't work. If I unplug the white wire going to the
> fuse box that is suppose to also go to the fuel pump, it doesn't stop
> the pump from running. Any ideas?

You have to have the brake light wire and fuel pump wire crossed.
Look carefully at the connection under the dash at the right side.
Check the green/purple wire (brake lite) and white wire (fuel pump) it
is either crossed under the dash there or somewhere in the trunk.
They could also have melted together due to something rubbing on the
wires where they run along in the gutter of the trunk.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ