Re: cars in / behind barns

To: froggi@cdsnet.net, conan@ralvm8.vnet.ibm.com
Subject: Re: cars in / behind barns
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 06:15:13 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 7/24/00 7:07:06 PM, froggi@cdsnet.net writes:

>   I know where there is a '68 Shelby GT-500KR convertible sitting under
> an outbuilding right now.
>   Poor-fair condition.  Engine is out, but may still be around.
>   Unfortunately(?) the lady who owns it knows (more or less) what she has
> and doesn't want to sell; at least partially because of sentimental value.
>   She is also a friend of mine's next door neighbor and he is a car guy and
> also knows what it is so he'd grab it first IF she decided to sell.
>      Ed in NC

     Oh boy, a chance to tell my Shelby story.  In 1970 I found a stripped
GT-350 in the junkyard.  No body damage, but almost all the original Shelby
parts including the drivetrain were missing.  Price was $500 and I told the
yard owner I'd take it, with the idea of buying a wrecked Mustang GT with a
390 to fix it.  When I came back with the money, I was told it had been sold.
 Several weeks later, I heard "the rest of the story"
Seems the original owner had bought it back and mysteriously located the
parts to fix it.  (not so difficult as they'd been in his garage all the
time).

Another one that got away.
Rick