Re: Montana Bob Delet Now

To: Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Montana Bob Delet Now
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 21:00:37 -0500
I received a very pointed letter concerning the authenticity of my
original post. I was also supplied with the following sites on which to
verify or deny the validity of the story. They are as follows, please go
to them and read them before making up your mind.
A simple search of the internet reveals the source of your original
post.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/science/urbanlegends/library/blreno.htm

http://washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/govt/admin/stories/reno012598.htm

http://www.heggen.net/society/myth/urban_legends/janet_reno.htm

I have read them myself and still have doubts in my mind as to the
validity of the paper that publishes the story. Yes I know that it is
the Washington Post and The New York Times, but, they are right in the
middle of all the corrupted power circle that is our nations capitol.
Ever wonder why some politicians are spotlighted for their wrongdoing
when others are not?? Could it be that the "wrong doer" wouldn't vote
for a certain bill or law that someone with loads of influence wanted
him/her to? Perhaps I may be paranoid and/or cynical but since we don't
see to many spotlighted politicians, that must mean that there are very
few "bad" politicians and the few give the group a bad name? I am of the
personal opinion that what is given to the press is selective and is as
thought out as a chess game for manipulating the vote and re-election of
those in public office. How else can we account for the insane things
that our gov. tries to, and sometimes succeeds at, pushing on us. I
mean, come on, I am penalized at income tax time, because I loved my
girlfriend enough to marry her!!!  This is in no way the proper forum
for this and I do apologize for the wasted bandwidth, but I promised to
post a retraction if I was proven wrong in my initial post. I don't feel
I was proven wrong but have included the sites for folks to read
themselves and to decide for themselves. I also have given my reason for
not believing myself to be wrong. After what happened less than 60 miles
from me in Waco, I am not a Janet Reno fan. It seems some listers are
and as usual, we all are entitled to our own opinions. Please, those
that have any further comments, direct them to me offlist as I don't
want another long Gun thread (sorry Jay) type of thing started up....
Brad