Bugeye FS in CT

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Bugeye FS in CT
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 16:54:58 EDT
I saw this ad on TraderOnLine and HAD to post it to the list.  This is what
happens when you don't know what you are getting into!

1959 AUSTIN HEALEY SPRITE, you wanna project? here's your project! I have the
original 948 engine, AND A SPARE, being put back together a.u.r.t. the car
looks like it would be comfortable if it had seats, there is a hole in the
floor which makes it easy to stand up no problem seeing through the
windsheild, THERE IS NONE. oh there will be hours of fun laughing through
your tears restoring this car who's licence plate should be SHTBOX. I guess
the spareparts (most of which are chewed up gears and other incompatable
parts) will be a joy to finally get out of my garage. my guess would be that
RESTORATION WILL COST ABOUT $7000 for decent condition (ie drivable) and
upwards of $20,000 for making it "perfect". if you buy my car I wish you (and
your children and childrens' children) the best of luck, you WILL need it.
color: antique white and primer with a rust undertone $2,011.00, (203)
227-3439
Location: Westport, CT

I wish him a lot of luck selling it, but he really shouldn't sugar coat the
project like that!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget