Re: PT Cruiser and CAFE

To: PAsgeirsson@compuserve.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: PT Cruiser and CAFE
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 23:32:23 EDT
In a message dated 07/27/2000 6:47:17 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
PAsgeirsson@compuserve.com writes:

>  It's because they chose to classify the PT
>  Cruiser as a truck, not as a car.  Sort of working around the spirit of the
>  whole CAFE mileage thing, don't you think?
>
>  Any comments?
>
>  Paul A

I guess I'm confused about CAFE ratings.  I thought all the other guys, all?
both...Chevy and ford were glad they were selling so many gas guzzling SUVs
and big trucks, extended cabs and 4 doors now because thosde did not affect
the cars CAFE.

I would think the PT Cruiser would have helped offest a couple of Vipers,
300's and Sebrings in the car line.  What other light truck does Chrysler
offer, the 3/4 size PU?  The full size PUs?  I understand they are bringing
back a limited edition of a retro PowerWagons, and they probably need the PT
to offset that beast.

I have mixed emotions about the whole thing.  I've always been a small car
fan, but I love my 4wd F150, and nothing is better for traveling with the
grandkids than the Tahoe with a TV and VCR in the back.  As long as I can
afford it, I'll probably have full sized vehicles along with my bitty ones.

RH....now the Health Camp hamburger stand on the Traffic Circle in Waco,
Texas? Thats a Cafe!