NO LBC-observation

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: NO LBC-observation
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 14:32:20 GMT
        Hey listers, I need some help here.  While reading the latest issue of
Autoweek, July 31,2000, I noticed an ad on the back cover for TRD [ Toyota
Race Development].  The photo from the cockpit of Cristiano da Matta's car
while at speed shows white walled race tires, on the inside of the tires no
less.
        Possible explanations:
        1. Thought white walls weren't racy looking, so had the tires remounted.
        2. Tires easier to locate in the stands after a crash.
        3. This was a Cart Vintage Race.
        4. Crew was tired of having to scrub the white walls after driver makes
contact with other tires.

Come on people, I know we can expand this list.  HELP
                                                BOB