Snap-on no LBC

To: cfchrist@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Snap-on no LBC
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 07:39:19 EDT
They will make a mint out of me then because some of larger sizes of spanner
which fit the oil cooler fittings on my Sprite get used once in a blue moon
(that's less than once a year if you are colour blind!) so most likely will
outlive me.

You also have to realise that in the UK we have paid all kinds of duty and
taxes on top of the price you guys (and gals?) have paid stateside so if you
think they are expensive try buying them over here?

I am not unduly concerned that Snap-On make a lot of money on each item they
sell - at least they continue to produce a range of hand tools that in some
cases are unique and that help you out of trouble.  For example I have a HS5
Hacksaw that reaches places a convential saw doens't, yet still uses a
standard size blade, and cost me £10 including spare blades.  I have never
seen another saw that would do the same job and I considered it money well
spent.  Also, if you have an idea for a tool you can send it to Snap-On and
if they adopt it you can get a modest cash reward and a tool of your design.

Daniel1312