1500 engines

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1500 engines
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 21:17:44 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
After reading the posts tonight I went down to the barn and stood in front
of the bead blaster for a while and curiosity got to me. I took the clutch,
flywheel, and pan off the motor out of the $75 Midget and took a quick look
around (man its hot in the barn tonight). It appears to be in spec after a
very quick look with a feeler gauge, about .012 or so. At least there aren't
any thrust washers running around loose in the oil pan. If anybody would be
interested in a free 1500 block assy in Western Illinois, let me know and
I'll take a good look at it. The head has an obvious crack in it below the
thermostat housing between 2 outlets that somebody tried to patch up with ??
so I know it's a gonner. I don't know anything about this motor except what
I was told. "It did run." Ever heard that one?
     Jim K.