Re: New to list/car trouble

To: RichHed99@aol.com
Subject: Re: New to list/car trouble
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 21:43:10 +0000
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Richard,

How's things.  Welcome to the list.  It sounds like a lot of the
problems you will have, like us is getting used the brit language.  The
roll bar they speak of is a anti sway bar on our side of the pond.  It
is normally found tied into the front A frames to the front frame.  It
takes some getting used to.

For us to help you out we will need a little more info.  The Carbs you
described sounds like a down draft Weber.  Is it marked Weber on it any
where.  We need the model number to help further on that.  It could also
be a Delorto.  The stock version is twin SU carbs.  They are
recognizable because of the large dash pot on top that you put oil in.

You mentioned that she won't run above 4500 RPM.  That can be anything
from Carbs to Dist. or even the fuel delivery system. Mine wouldn't run
above that because of the timing and fuel problems.  Do you know if it
has a race Cam?  Does it have a lumpy idle?

There is a lot of questions we need info on.

Don't worry, most of these cars are real simple.  Even when they have a
raced up engine.  There is a lot of knowledge on the list, don't quit
for a few rude remarks.  Hang in there and we will figure this out
together.

BTW  What part of the country are you in?  Maybe there is a list member
close by that could help.

Rick
N. Calif.