Re: Lots of help now

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lots of help now
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 16:15:26 -0400
> On 8/4/00 3:44 PM, Martin Johnson at MJohnson@cfworks.com wrote:

> It kinda reminds me of hoax radio shows like Phil Henry's.  It's amazing how
> anybody is fooled.  In their defense, however, they are trying to be nice
> and err on the side of caution.  Oh well, I guess I'll be smokin' a turd in
> purgatory.

My favorite was some joke ads run on our local radio station for the "Heine
Winery" owned by Ophelia Heine and Big Red Heine.  They purportedly sold
wine in pop-top cans and were located in a town which only exists as a name
on an Interstate exit (this is rural New Hampshire).

The scary thing was that when they announced that the winery was throwing a
party, people showed up at the exit looking for the winery!

Regards,
Robb