Rally thanks and other stuff....

To: valntine@ptd.net
Subject: Rally thanks and other stuff....
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 11:56:36 -0400charset=windows-1252
Cc: "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "'Jason Urban'" <jurban@connectecs.com>
All,

I waited a day to post my thanks so it wouldn't be rushed.

I want to thank Kevin, Kathy, Rob, and Kim for a great time.  They are a
family that went above and beyond the call of duty to not only plan the
rally,  but make sure we were all comfortable and welcomed.  Wini (my GF)
has told all her friends how nice it was for Kevin to supply her (read: all
4 of us) with really nice comfortable sweatshirts when they found out she
forgot to pack one.  And it really came in useful as she was cold the first
night camping.  The firewood also came in handy as we all huddled around the
camp fire talking about our day.

As for the rally,  It was absolutely the greatest one I've ever been too.
Wait a minute,  it was the first one I went too...  <grin>  Seriously
though, in that respect it was a fairly easy and fun filled rally for a
couple who had never attended a rally before.  The roads were definitely the
best ones I've ever drive my LBC on.  And when those signs said 15mph,  they
meant it.  I got a sore arm from all the punches I got from the SO for
pushing it a little around the curves.  That's the type of driving they were
designed for.  Quick and nimble driving.  Not fast and plowing straight
ahead.

Another benefit was that for her second LBC outing,  Wini had a wonderful
time.  In fact,  she enjoyed it so much, she wants to attend the August 26th
CLUE rally in Philly.  We're currently trying to fit it in.  That is a great
benefit to me b/c there's plenty of LBC things I would like to do that will
be a lot easier to accomplish without having to fight with her.  She
actually wants me to buy a bugeye now.  Between Biff's, Frank's, and
George's she realized that she wants one to be my next project car.  So
thanks guys for _helping_ the cause.  <grin>

On the Midget front,  the car was exceptionally well on the trip.  The new
engine is strong and very energetic.  A few issues developed during the
course of the trip,  but that's to be expected.

1)  My dash lights all quit on the way there.  Undoubtedly a bad ground
somewhere.
2)  The engine leaks a little.  The COCS at work (Constant Oil Change
System).
3)  The rear springs need to be rebushed.  It wasn't too bouncy,  so I don't
think I'll change the springs.
4)  The clutch gave me some problems on the way home.  I'll send out another
email on that.

Otherwise,  it was the best LBC weekend I've had in quite a long time.   It
was great to finally meet David and Paula,  Dan D, and George and Penny.
And it was great to see the old faces too (Frank, Biff, Kevin, Rob, Larry ,
Allen, and Bill as well as their respective significant others.)  Hmmmmmm  I
mean the people I had met before.  Yeah,  that's it.  <grin>

LOL.

I can't wait until we do something else similar together.  Any time a group
as comfortable as us gets together,  it's bound to be a good time.  I'm glad
so many people made it,  and sorry so many local people didn't.  Well,
there's always next year.  Thanks to Bill Gilroy for inadvertently helping
Kevin plan next year's rally.

Jason,  I'm sorry I didn't get to meet your parents,  but there really
wasn't enough time.

Who is planning on Fallfest?

Graz