Re: Speedometer drive gear

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Speedometer drive gear
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 19:06:00 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Frank,

I'm intrigued. I have a what I think is, of all things, an MGA
speedometer in my  5-speed spridget. I wonder if I can substitute the
face plate of a 4.22 spridget speedo and get correct readings?

Jeff

At 5:23 PM -0400 8/8/00, Frank Clarici wrote:
>jgronberg@coxautomation.com wrote:
> >
> > Anyone know where I can get the correct speedometer drive gear for a 3.9
> > rear end Sprite?
>
>All the Sprites used the same speedo drive gear.
>The speedometers  are different to accomodate the different rears.
>The guts from a 3.9 diff Sprite will fit in the housing of a 4.22 diff
>Sprite.
>(large speedo, small guts) the face plate and needle screw on in the
>exact spot from the large to small speedos.
>I have this set up in one of my Sprites and it reads perfect. (large
>speedo but with the guts of a later small speedo in the large can) I am
>running a 3.9 in this car.
>Also an MGB 120 mph speedo guts seems to work in a 5 speed Sprite, As
>this is what I am running in mine. Maybe this explains why I only showed
>68 miles on an 85 mile rally?? But my speed is dead on.
>
>--
>Frank Clarici
>Toms River, NJ
>The bug in the rice bowl
>http://www.exit109.com/~spritenut

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA, USA
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision, http://www.molvis.org/molvis
mailto:jboatri@emory.edu