Re: fetching tools was stebro exhaust

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: fetching tools was stebro exhaust
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 11:27:27 EDT
In a message dated 8/12/00 12:15:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
soavero@yahoo.com writes:

<<  hardware store to
 > >fetch some "elbow grease >>

My favorite as an officer of the deck was hearing a quartermaster send a
green sailor  out for "relative bearing grease...and don't come back without
it cause the compass is all screwed up..." well, he came back near the end of
the trick with a handful of godawfull looking, foul smelling green stuff that
might have been bilge slime - said they wouldn't let him take the whole
can....     "Well, it took you long enough... now we're off course by ten
miles.... you were supposed to take it to the compass shack..."  Then the QM
adds "and you need to wake the Captain on your way down to the shack. He
wants to get up at 0317 (it's now like 0316) and have a cup of  hot coffee,
black no sugar waiting for him when he answers the door. You have to pound
really hard..."  (skipper is sitting in his bridge chair, trying really hard
to keep from busting a gut.....)   So, off he goes again, back into the
twilight zone, one hand for the captain, and one for the ship......