What would happen if the grounding strap fell off?

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: What would happen if the grounding strap fell off?
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 12:25:46 -0400charset="Windows-1252"
I'm still trying to diagnose why my carbs are giving me so much difficulty,
and it occured to me that even though I recently replaced the grounding
strap, it might not be making a good connection.  What would happen to a
running car if the grounding strap became disconnected while running?

Could such an event cause the rough running, backfiring, loss of power, and
so forth that I have been experiencing?  I did not notice that my choke
cable was heating up, as it might if the electrical system was looking for
an alternative ground.

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget