Re: FS: 1952 MG TD(?)

To: ecsheffield@erols.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FS: 1952 MG TD(?)
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 12:10:11 EDT
In a message dated 08/14/2000 7:11:26 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
ecsheffield@erols.com writes:

<< Anyway, it's at a used car dealership here in Leesburg, VA, that
 specializes in exotics and such. This particular MG looks pretty complete
 and solid, but rough. Bad paint, cracked windshield, rough interior, door
 held closed with rope. It has $9500 marked on it now. It had $12500 on it
 for a couple of weeks. I think the name of the place is Auto Gallery.

 If anyone is interested let me know and I'll get you more contact
 information. If you want me to go look it over and ask about it I can, but
 as I said I know nothing about these models, so no promises. ;-)

 Eddie >>

Naw Eddie,

I passed on one locally last year, running, rebuilt, painted and upholstered
(still mad at my wife) for about the same price.

The price of these went through the roof in the 70's so any runner was a $25K
car, but the market is just not there anymore in my opinion.  Kind of like
the Model A and T market.  The old farts that love these cars, like me, are
dying off and the new kids are into classic Mustang II's and Datsuns.

Just my opinion,

RH