Rear Leaf Springs...

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear Leaf Springs...
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 20:49:59 -0400
 Hi All,    I just put new springs on the front of my Midget and it
raised the car quite a bit. They seemed to have helped alot...however
the rear almost seems to be dragging on the ground. So out the rear
springs came. I took them to a spring place and they stated that they
could build some for $140.00 each. I thought it was a little high- or he
was. Anyway the question is: Is there any way to tell if these springs
are really bad? Is there any difference in getting these from the
regular sources as opposed to having someone make them? When the springs
were on the car they appeared to be almost straight across- maybe
sagging slightly downward.
 I am looking forward to the "British Invasion" in Vermont....Is anyone
else going to be there?
 Thanks!
 Charles Markham
 1966 MG Midget