Re: First post - Rubber bumper help

To: pomfretm@tampabay.rr.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: First post - Rubber bumper help
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 06:26:43 EDT
In a message dated 8/15/2000 11:54:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
pomfretm@tampabay.rr.com writes:

<< what can anyone recommend to clean and restore the bumper. >>

Mark.  I drive a 1979 RB.  The rubber bumper can actually be filled and
sanded very similarly to the body.  My bumper is not in the best of shape,
but I  improved it with some sanding and painting with one of those "Rubber
Bumper" paints from Advance or one of the local suspects.

As far as choice, if you have one, I would go for an earlier Chrome Bumper
model with the 1275 engine.  The early '70's models are sharp with their rear
round wheel arches.  I am running the 1500 and love it--it has carried me
long distances with relatively few problems and lots of power--but it has
been modified to the extent of having been de-toxed and the thrust washers on
the crank have been pinned to eliminate one of the most difficult problems of
the 1500.

Most of this post is arguable, of course (shut up Ed).

Good Luck.

--David C.